Hi! It’s Jacquin of Interiors by Jacquin and I’m pleased to bring you my debut post for Cold Hard Fash! I look forward to sharing tips with you on how to achieve a comfortable and well-styled home.
As the weather warms up this Spring and your friends and family break from hibernation, you’re sure to have more visitors. So, today I’m bringing you 7 Ways to Make Your Home More Welcoming. Let’s make sure you’re prepared to host visitors in style!
- Friendly Door Mat – Nothing says “Welcome” more than a friendly first impression! If you like the idea of putting your last name or a custom design on your door mat, then check out this tutorial for a do-it-yourself door mat at The Chic Site It’s really easy!
- Arrange Furniture for Conversation – Don’t feel like you have to have all of your furniture against the wall. Pulling your furniture in creates a more intimate space for conversation. Also, having seating in the middle of a room like in the photo, allows every seat in the room to be a great seat for conversation!
- Freshly Fluffed Sofa & Pillows – If you have a saggy sofa you’ll be glad to know there is a very easy DIY method for breathing fresh life into your old sofa cushions and the supplies are only $10. You can find an easy tutorial here on the Living Rich on Less blog. Visit Decoist blog for tips on the art of pillow placement!
- Welcoming Scent– Your guest won’t be disappointed with the scents I’ve suggested! The Henri Bendel “Fig” reed diffuser and the Circle E. Candles “Bird of Paradise” candle are richly scented, quality home scents that your guest will definitely notice and appreciate.
- Resort Feel – Having fruit infused water available or a fresh glass of lemonade is a wonderful way to welcome your guest. For infused water, my favorite combination is sliced oranges and mint leaves or try this recipe for strawberry lemonade the next time you have a visitor stop by. Absolutely refreshing (and so easy), just like at the resort!
- Engage Your Guest – With interesting coffee table books and curiosities! This will ensure that your guest stays comfortable and entertained even if you have to step away for a moment. Here are two fab fashion related books that are sure to spark your guest’s curiosity and eye for style. Check out these coffee table books: Tory Burch: In Color and Chanel: Collections and Creations.
- Fresh Flowers & Plants– Fresh flowers & plants are the easiest and most classic way to give your home a more welcoming feel. If you want to make sure your home always has this fresh look, try a large faux potted plant like this one.