No matter where you are the sun happens to be playing mind games with you. Sometimes you feel the winter chill, but other times you are more than certain spring has made its mark. The real question is how are you going to transition some of these winter pieces throughout weather change?
There are plenty of ways to get wear out of some of your winter staples and transition them the right way. Keep your light sweaters out and do not put those leather jackets away for good. They can absolutely be used for chilly nights and light layers throughout the day. All you have to do is pair them with the right accessories and you are good to go! Below are a couple of my Do’s and Don’ts to make the most of your transitions:
- Do: Layer comfy and light-weight sweaters with feminine shirts. By layering, you have the ability to control your temperature and look. There is nothing a simple and classic cardigan can’t be paired with.
- Don’t: Sticking to the dark and heavy wool pieces keeps you in the wintery cold mindset. If you are transitioning and the weather permits, go BRIGHT.
- Do: Top off your look with a light-weight scarf. A light-weight scarf puts you in a great position if you are facing some windchill in the early mornings. Scarves are always an awesome and versatile accessory.
- Don’t: Overthink the use of boots. Yes, I think a cute Chelsea boot is nice for the spring for a casual day paired with jeans and your favorite top. No, your favorite riding boots will not go out of style ANYTIME soon. They are a staple to keep in your closet!
- Do: Keep it simple with your jackets and coats. If you can stand the temp in your bright coat, by all means go for it! I love winter coats that have the ability to transition into early spring. Pops of color are flattering if you keep the pops to a minimum (neutrals are your friend).
Do know winter was much appreciated in terms of fashion, but not so much the cold weather aspect. If anything, try some new colors and see what you like and what you love before the season rolls around. Add texture to your outfits and make sure you are comfortable. There is nothing wrong with declaring your spring through a few changes to your look! Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.
“Creativity and class in all ways, always.” – Understated Culture